[Samba] Samba very, VERY slow ...

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Fri Oct 17 09:59:19 GMT 2003

>>All goes right, but the systeme (P3-800Mhz-256Mo RAM for 8 users) is very,
>>VERY slow (about 40 second to open the application).

Stab in the dark -> Could it be because of network bottleneck??

I'm running on a 10MB/s network, it's also slow to load files.. but maybe
not as slow as 40seconds. How big are the files? Maybe you can perform a
rough estimate of the network transfer speed. (not sure how though) :(

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate