[Samba] Samba very, VERY slow ...

Eric Maisonobe eric at maiso.net
Fri Oct 17 08:59:35 GMT 2003

Hello !

I've installed serveral servers under Linux in my association with samba on
it, without any problem.

But, for the latest application we need to use, samba has to share about 800
borland data files.

All goes right, but the systeme (P3-800Mhz-256Mo RAM for 8 users) is very,
VERY slow (about 40 second to open the application).

I've take a look at the system use, even when a client open a session, and :
-> the processor is use about ... 3% (97%free) !!!
-> Mem : 23Mo used...233Mo free !!!
-> average load : about 0,01 !!!

I've put    log level = 0, correct wins server adress, socket options =
TCP_NODELAY

and my share is :
[c]
   comment = Disk C
   path = /home/c
   browseable = yes
   admin users = guest nobody # I know, it's bad ;-)) but requiered by the
appli
   writable = yes
   public = yes
   create mode = 777