[Samba] Windows caching User Information ????

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Fri Oct 17 07:32:54 GMT 2003

hello

i experienced something very strange (for me):

i stopped all samba instances on my linux box including ldap-server,
because authentication is only done by it

but i was still able to login to the domain from a windows xp workstation
authentication succeeded (with the right user/password information)
i tested it 10 times for different users and even if i switch off the
linux box !!!

if i typed wrong user/pass information, i was not able to login.
of course, all profiles and so on could not be found if i loged in, but
the user was authenticated right

who could explain it to me plz?

thx
micha