[Samba] cifs issues

tcg noreply at invalid.com
Sat Nov 29 18:55:41 GMT 2003

I have a shared folder with 33GB of data (mostly 3-5MB files, approx. 10,500
files total) on a Windows 2000 server. If I mount it using smbfs I can see
all of the files and directories in the share's root but when entering into
sub-directories some will appear empty (allthough they are not), or fewer
than all of the files will be visible.
If I use smbclient to connect, all of the files, directories and
sub-directories are available (but I need to have mountable access).
If I mount using cifs even the root share has missing information; with
smbclient and smbfs the root share shows 3703 items whereas with cifs the
root share shows only 2163 items. I was hoping that cifs would overcome the
problems I was having with smbfs, but it seems even worse in this regard.
I'm running kernel 2.4.23 patched with cifs 0.8.7a (note that there were a few
"hunk succeeded fuzz" messages when patching but everything looks like it
compiled OK).
Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks.
--
Chris

Do not reply to the email address.
Please use the contact page below for any desired direct replies.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

realcomputerguy dot com slash contact dot html