[Samba] W2k ADC + Samba Member + winbind + win 98 clients problem

allen allen at gist.net.au
Sat Nov 29 09:08:16 GMT 2003

Hi there.

I have a windows 2000 Server in ADC mode.

I have a samba 3 box as a domain member to the ADC where security=ADS

I auth fine to this box from Windows 2000/XP clients. I see shares on
the domain member with no issues.

winbind works fine, in that it auth's ok etc etc

Windows 98 clients are configured to log into the Bionomics domain, and
do so with the W2k Server with no problems.

The minute I try to access the Samba3 server, with the win98 client, I
get an IPC$ auth failure on the client.

Winbind however still reports as auth OK

any ideas?

TIA

Allen