[Samba] Samba PDC - Administrator issues

McKeever Chris tech-mail at prupref.com
Sat Nov 29 01:48:13 GMT 2003

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:56 , Todd Johnson <todd_johnson at dnr.state.ak.us> sent:

>Samba PDC is up and running. We are not using roaming profiles. My problem is this. How do we make the administrator account have
administrative priv's locally on the client PC when they login on the DOMAIN? What is happening now is that when the Administrator logs in it
just makes a domain accoutn for the Administrator locally but this new account does not have actualy administrator permissions.

>I read about the netgroup tool and its uses but from what I read this is new to 3.0? We are using smb 2.2.8a.

domain admin group = root @domain-admins

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
http://www.prupref.com

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com