[Samba] Samba as the Trusting Domain

Glenn Arnold garnold at unrealsolutions.com
Fri Nov 28 19:42:11 GMT 2003

I have my new samba pdc  setup as the Trusted Domain to my mths domain
and this worked fine.  When I try to make my samba domain as a Trusting
Domain I get the following error.

[root at hsfnp01 init.d]# net rpc trustdom establish mths
[2003/11/28 12:10:34, 0] utils/net_rpc.c:rpc_trustdom_establish(1789)
  Couldn't find domain controller for domain MTHS

I can ping my domain PDC fine from my samba pdc.  I can ping my nt pdc
like ping pdc or ping the pdc with dns like ping pdc.someco.net and I am
able to ping the pdc .    I am not sure where to start troubleshooting
this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Glenn