[Samba] very low speed local network browsing from win xp clients

Buda Gábor buda.gabor at euronics.hu
Thu Nov 27 22:12:49 GMT 2003

Hi There!

Thank You for your very quick help. It's nice to see that are so helpfull
people in the world of linux. Thanks!

I changed my network card's settings to 'half-duplex' on my win XP, but the
machines in the workgroup (and the workgrup 'vorosko' too) appearing very
slow (10-15 seconds). It' the same, that it was before the changes.) My new
smb.conf file:

[global]
;	domain master = no
;	local master = yes
;	preferred master = yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	printing = bsd
	syslog only = no
	dns proxy = no
	null passwords = yes
	protocol = NT1
	name resolve order = bcast host
	strict sync = no
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
	character set = iso8859-2
	short preserve case = yes
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	invalid users = root
	max log size = 1000
	interfaces = 192.168.32.253/255.255.255.0
	debug level = 0
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
	preserve case = yes
	security = user
	unix password sync = no