[Samba] very low speed local network browsing from win xp clients

Buda Gábor buda.gabor at euronics.hu
Thu Nov 27 22:02:11 GMT 2003

Hi There!

Thank You for your very quick help. It's nice to see that are so helpfull
people in the world of linux. Thanks!

I changed the values you suggested, but the machines in the workgroup (and
the workgrup 'vorosko' too) appearing very slow (it' the same, that it was
before the changes.)
My new smb.conf file:

[global]
;	domain master = no
;	local master = yes
;	preferred master = yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	printing = bsd
	syslog only = no
	dns proxy = no
	null passwords = yes
	protocol = NT1
	name resolve order = bcast host
	strict sync = no
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
	character set = iso8859-2
	short preserve case = yes
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	invalid users = root
	max log size = 1000
	interfaces = 192.168.32.253/255.255.255.0
	debug level = 0
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
	preserve case = yes
	security = user
	unix password sync = no