[Samba] File corrupted when copy one large file(10G) from NT4.0 to samba

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Nov 27 17:18:04 GMT 2003

Shearer,

I do not want to sound picky, but please look at this posting from the
perspective of one of the developers. If your were a developer, and you
saw this posting, what would you do?

First, as a developer, I look at the facts:

	1) There appears to be a problem - acknowledged
	2) It involves a DOS copy, Hmmm.
		- Was it the DOS 'command' shell?
		- Was it the NT 'cmd' shell?

Questions:
	A) What version of Samba - Oops not given!
	B) Configuration - Oops not given!

Developer response:
	We will have to wait until we get enough information to work from.
	Let's move on to the next problem.

Net effect of posting:
	No resolution achived. Possible problem acknowledged. Insufficient
	information. Sorry.

Guessing (ny guess):
	Does NT4 have a file size limit in the command shells?
		- if so, what are the file size limits and what happens
		beyond the end of that limit if a file exceeds this?

Please help us to understand what you want done to solve your problem.
We would love to help you, but as you can see, you did not provide much
for us to go on. The next step is in your hands.

If you want action, please show us from samba log files, what is not
working correctly. For example, set "log level = 3" and then do the copy.
It will create a massive file for you to scan. From that file you can
determine what smbd (the samba file daemon) is doing with the large file.

In order for one of us to diagnose the problem, we need the log section
that demonstrates the problem as well as your configuration file and
sufficient information to allow the problem to be reproduced.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org