[Samba] Problem whit XP PRO client

McKeever Chris tech-mail at prupref.com
Thu Nov 27 02:44:11 GMT 2003

On 26 Nov 2003 11:19 , Dr Jekyll <drjekyll at internet.com.uy> sent:

>Hi. I'm entering in Samba's world and I need help with this. An Nt4.0
>client was upgraded to XP PRO, and Win does not connect to domain
>(before upgrade worded fine), windows registry was modificated as samba
>howto explains.
>This is my smb.conf file of samba v. 2.0.7.
>Thanks, thanks, thanks.
>Dr Jekyll

Does our machine show up in the smbpasswd (or ldap equiv. backend?)
if using ldap, have you run: smbpasswd -w THEPASSWORD

it may simply be that you are still on 2.0.7

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
http://www.prupref.com

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com