[Samba] moving existing samba domain to a new samba server

Andy D addenley at xtra.co.nz
Thu Nov 27 01:09:15 GMT 2003

Hi,

my client is currently looking at buying a new server to replace there old
box. The current setup is we a have a single Samba 2.2x server running using
user level security for Authenication and file sharing.

Now I was thinking is it possible to move existing user accounts and machine
accounts to the new server by installing Samba-3 as a BDC and then promoting
it to a PDC and then demoting old server to a BDC and then removing out of
the domain. Is this at all possible?????????

Regards,

Andy
addenley (at) xtra . co .nz