[Samba] OpenOffice fails to open in read-only files under Windows

Matthias Blum matthias.blum at harmsconsulting.com
Thu Nov 27 00:54:36 GMT 2003

Hi,

we have just upgraded to SAMBA 3.0.0. Everything works fine, but
unfortunately it is not possible to open read-only files with OpenOffice
under Windows any more. Error Message from OpenOffice: "file does not
exist."

Someone mentioned an error 5xx for the same Problem with Excel files. Is
this related?

Strange thing is that nobody else has experienced the behaviour with
OpenOffice. So I thought this might be my settings. So I used the
default SAMBA 3 settings to see if this solves the problem, but no luck
so far.

Is this a known problem? Has someone experienced the same? Any solutions?

Thanks for help.
Matthias