[Samba] At 4 a.m. it finally worked...Samba 3, interdomain trust, ldap, winbind

Fermín Galán fermin.galan at agora-2000.com
Wed Nov 26 17:34:12 GMT 2003

Thanks very much for the help!

I have used a simplified variant of your procedure (no LDAP, no winbind) to
establish the trust relationship between the two domains (a WinNT one and a
Samba3 one), but I'm having problems when users of Samba domain try to
access to shared resources of the WinNT domain (I set permission in the
share for the users on the other domain, but when they try accessing
connection fails).

The mapping of Domain groups to UNIX groups in the Samba domain is made
through net groupmap. Is really needed to use winbind?

The following error message appears in the logs. I think that it could be
related with my problem, but I don't understand why because I'm using net
groupmap.

[2003/11/21 13:08:26, 0] rpc_server/srv_util.c:get_domain_user_groups(371)
  get_domain_user_groups: primary gid of user [testuser] is not a Domain
group !
  get_domain_user_groups: You should fix it, NT doesn't like that

I tell you about this because I think that you maybe have face similar
problems in your experience.

Thanks again!

------
Fermín