[Samba] Setting passwords via LDAP

Peter Andersson sambalist at skolmail.finspong.se
Wed Nov 26 12:59:48 GMT 2003

Maybe a bit OT

Hello

I need to be able to change multiple account passwords from a web admin
interface (LAMP).
This involves MySQL databases (working) and SAMBA server and Win 2000 AD.

I suppose I can use LDAP for SAMBA and Win 2000 AD to work.

I can connect, bind and update other attribs in both SAMBA server and Win 2000
AD, but I don't know what attrib to use to change password via LDAP.

Is it the same in Samba as in Win 2000?
In documentation for Win 2000, it looks like the attrib is unicodePwd...

Have anyone done this against SAMBA server or against Win 2000 AD?
Please help.

Peter