[Samba] RE: winbindd panic daemon dies

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 26 11:42:01 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 21:55, ww m-pubsyssamba wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> 	I don't think Sun provide and malloc debug libraries. On the linux box it is possible but, I'm not an experienced linux user, I'll need to source a machine for this, it'll take me a while,

I should have dug about a bit before I sent the last e-mail.  It seems
that you can use dmalloc:

http://dmalloc.com/

On the Samba side, you should be able to ./configure samba with
--enable-dmalloc.  (You might need to set the CFLAGS and LIBS to find
it).

I've not used it myself (I have valgrind :-), but somebody must have
found it useful, given somebody put in the configure magic :-).

BTW, have you tried the simple task of updating to Samba 3.0.1pre3?  It
may well be we have fixed this one (not that I recall a particular bug).

Andrew Bartlett
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net