[Samba] Samba + MySQL

Ben Davis ben.davis at pca-wichita.com
Tue Nov 25 16:29:48 GMT 2003

>If you don't want to store this field in the database, set the value of
>'identifier:unknown string column' to NULL:

I forgot to mention that I did that for those fields,  and after a
little more troubleshooting I found that in order to add a user, the
columns "logon_divs"  "hours_len"  are required (it isn't made clear in
the howto which ones are actually required).

The INSERT query executes successfully,  however, it seems that
smbpasswd tried to execute another query (that can't be seen) before it
does the insert, because I still get the error:  "Error while executing
MySQL query Unknown column 'unknown_5' in 'field list'"    even though
the insert was successful.   I still  get that same error when trying to
execute "pdbedit -L".  Any ideas?