[Samba] Samba + MySQL

Ben Davis ben.davis at pca-wichita.com
Tue Nov 25 15:57:07 GMT 2003

I'm having some trouble setting up the config file for samba + mysql.
I've got most everything working, but I'm a bit confused about how I'm
supposed to set up the database.  If anyone knows someone else who can
better answer this question, please forward this message.

I can't seem to exclude fields from the database that I won't be using.
For instance, when I don't include the "unkown 6 column",  I get the
following error when executing `smbpasswd -a user`:

    Error while executing MySQL query Unknown column 'unknown_str' in
'field list'

I get the same error when trying to use `pdbedit -L`    Are these fields
actually required by samba in order to work??