[Samba] Samba and Windows PDC

Andreu Sanchez tanis at taniz.org
Tue Nov 25 11:55:40 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'm new to the list, and i was reading some mails about the same problem
but i couldn't solve it, so would be cool to get any kind of help
regarding it.

Here's my problem:

I have a samba server running as a domain member in a windows domain
controlled by a windows nt4 PDC.

Samba has to authenticate users against that nt4 PDC, it works, i also
use winbind to map uid and gid to my linux so i can have the tipically
"Administrador+DOMAIN Domain Users+DOMAIN fileserver/" perms.

All works fine and the only (and terrible) problem is that i can't set
permission to files or folders from a windows, i can't add users to a
file or folder from the security tab under the properties menu and i
have no errors in my log messages. I just get a "access denied" message
in the windows machine.

I tried several smb.conf setups, share scripts and such and several
samba versions, since 2.x to 3.x (included pre versions)

That's the problem.

If somebody wants to help me it will make my life more easy.

Thank you in advance,

| Andreu Sánchez - http://www.taniz.org/ - Clickety-click!          |
| Fingerprint = 3ADA 69EF 4E84 DEC8 D219  6863 83F0 513E 06AE 46D1  |
| GnuPG key: 06AE46D1 ( pgp.mit.edu - www.keyserver.net )           |