[Samba] w2ksrv, and a samba based netlogon?

Allen Bolderoff allen at gist.net.au
Tue Nov 25 11:51:17 GMT 2003

> If so, what method do I have of creating a username.bat file automagically
> as ntlogon.py does it?

You can do this, but your first challenge is to get the XP Pro client to
access the logon script. You can run 'root preexec' script on access to
the netlogon share.

- John T.

Thanks for everything John, got your book and loving it. You really help out
here. Oh, and kudo's to all the developers on such a fine release.

You may have misunderstood me. The question is, if I host the logon.bat file
on the W2k server, what methods are there for me to automagicly create the
script based on login info - it is easy to do on samba with ntlogon.py as
supplied in the package. What I cannot find is a howto to do that from a w2k
server.

And as you said, the challenge is actually getting the xp pro box to run the
login script. - Cannot get it to do it when using
\\sambaserver\netlogon\username.bat where username=username.

The script gets created properly, it just does not get executed

Again, thanks