[Samba] printing problem

Peter Bruggink p.bruggink at steelweld.com
Tue Nov 25 09:17:15 GMT 2003

Hi,

We have had a server crash and are now unable to print from the connected pc's
I have installed samba 2.2.7a and use the sysv printing system
The printers are configured using HP hppi
>From the unix host I can send a print to the printer
I have already checked the spool directory for the printers. and the spool directory that is used by the hppi daemon. They exist.
In the user log file (/usr/local/var/%u.log) I have found a message telling that samba was unable to lock the printer database. Is there any way to solve this
Peter Bruggink

Manager mechanical Design
+31 76 5792732
p.bruggink at steelweld.com

Steelweld BV
Terheijdenseweg 169
The Netherlands

www.steelweld.com

DISCLAIMER The information transmitted is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

This mail has been checked for all known viruses by McAfee Virusscan.