[Samba] Error Copying File or Folder.

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 02:51:54 GMT 2003

James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> For full logs, go to: -
> http://www.superbug.demon.co.uk/samba/
> and download
> samba-copy-paste-error.tar.bz2
>
> It contains the full samba config, log files, and also an ethereal
> capture of the transaction.
> The password files have been blanked.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Cheers
> James

I have solved the problem.
It turned out to be a autosensing hub/switch thinking a nic card was
half duplex, when the nic card was set to full duplex.
When I forced the nic card to half duplex, everything worked.

I still think there is a problem with samba or the linux kernel, because
with the nic card set wrongly on thw windows 2000 machine, thus causing
lots of lost packets, I was able to transfer files easily between
windows machines, all be it slowly. It was only the windows 2000 to
samba that failed. When I get a moment, I will look into the problem
further.

Cheers
James