[Samba] A device attached to the system is not functioning

trogl at shaw.ca trogl at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 24 19:31:13 GMT 2003

(sorry if this is a duplicate,  I sent this out on a different email address and it appears to have disappeared of the face of the earth, or I'm blind and/or stupid)

I'm attempting to do a network neighbourhood browse of a server called "bart".

I get a windows box that says

\\Bart is not available

A device attached to the system is not functioning.

log.smbd reports

open_sockets_smbd: accept:  Software caused connection abort

log.192.168.1.103 reports (fake IP)

lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(940)
getpeername failed.  Error was Transport endpoint is not connected