[Samba] User manager for Domains for samba 3.0 PDC

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Nov 24 18:41:20 GMT 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 igumeni at constantza-port.ro wrote:

> Can I use "User Manager for Domains" (usrmgr.exe) in a samba 3.0 domain?
> When I tried to add a user with usrmgr I Received error "Access Denied" but the user was created in ldap and it was added as a memberUid in Domain Users group.
> Is "User Manager for Domains" compatible with samba 3.0 domain?

Yes. Suggest you try the current CVS version of 3.0.1pre3 or wait until
3.0.1 ships in a few days time. There have been a few bug fixes that may
or may not be causing your error messages - I can not tell from the
information you have provided. For a positive diagnosis you would need to
provide snapshots of log files so we can see what is going wrong on your
system.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra