[Samba] LDAP, Active Directory, Redhat 9 Clients

Patrick liststhor at firerun.net
Mon Nov 24 17:37:31 GMT 2003

su uses /etc/pam.d/su, so if that does not have winbind support then it
will not accept the user.  An easy way to configure pam on RedHat is to
use authconfig.  It has an option for windows authentication.  When it
is turned on it will add the winbind lines to /etc/pam.d/system-auth
which all pam files on RedHat point to.  The down side to this is they
will be able to use anything that requires a password.   So for example
it you have remote x-logins enabled they would be able to login to an
x-session.

Patrick