[Samba] pb on install samba (testparm)

David Moreau dmoreau at caroll.com
Fri Nov 21 11:29:17 GMT 2003

  Hello to all of u.

I tried to install samba v3 on AIX 5.1 server.
The smit install_latest seems ok
but when I launch testparm  I have the following errors :

Of course I don't have any "/ii/pa/samba-3.0.0.0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf"
directory but
a usr/local/lib but I can't find where to change the path .

extract of testparm :

 >/usr/local/lib #
creating lame upcase table
creating lame lowcase table
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
creating default valid table
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file
"/ii/pa/samba-3.0.0.
0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf":
        A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
Conversion from UCS-2LE to CP850 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
Conversion from ASCII to CP850 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UCS-2LE not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from CP850 to ASCII not supported
Conversion from CP850 to UTF8 not supported
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
y in the path name does not exist.
creating default valid table
Load smb config files from /ii/pa/samba-3.0.0.0/usr/local/lib/smb.conf

If you have encountered this pb or have any ideas, it would be welcome.

David.