[Samba] Installing a new version.

Stef Bon stef at bononline.tk
Sat Nov 22 15:29:01 GMT 2003

Hello,

I found out that installing a new version of Samba isn't just
entering the command

make install

(after configure and make of course)

I had a lot of trouble when I installed samba version 3.0.1 pre2,
Windows 98 client didn't do logon's anymore. When I switched back to
samba 3.0.0 rc1, no problems.

I spent a lot of time finding out what was wrong. I did not see any message
in the mailinglist about "not able to logon with version 3.0.1pre2", so
it had to be my installation. After a long time I found out that I had to
clean the "lock" directorie: remove all tdb files. After I did that
everything was ok again.

Now, I think it's good to know for everybody!
After installation of a new version, remove all "tdb" and "dat" files, and
start from scratch.

Or am I the only person who did not know this?
That would be really a waste of time.

Stef

And by the way: samba team, keep up the good work.