[Samba] profile trouble, please help!

Pirkka Luukkonen samba at con3.org
Sat Nov 22 12:08:04 GMT 2003

Hi!

I'm setting up samba 3 + ldap to replace existing nt4-domain with old nt-SID
and domain. Everything goes smooth, except for user profiles. Since the user
RID changes during this operation old profiles are inaccessible (e.g. files
and settings from old desktop, my documents). If you know any solution to
migrate old profiles (local) with new profiles (roaming) without having to
log on to every computer with administrator privileges and manually copying
the profiles (netlogon?), please let poor-me know.

 --
Pirkka