[Samba] Starting with Samba - first impressions

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Fri Nov 21 11:32:44 GMT 2003

So the SWAT thing is not just me. Several people have written with this
same problem over the past few weeks and if anyone has solved it they
haven't sent the solution to the list.

I wish someone in the know who has an hour to kill (OK, I realize I've
just described the empty set.) would install RH9 and go from a clean
install to getting SWAT to work and document what they did. Clearly,
one cannot follow the How-To's anywhere and have this work. And most of
us who are having the problem are clueless enough that we don't know
what to do next if the directions get followed and the results don't
happen as expected.

Todd