[Samba] SAMBA3 and WINS problem

Giovanni Romanenghi giovanni at sorint.it
Fri Nov 21 11:09:14 GMT 2003

I install samba3 on solaris8 and I configure the PDC support and WINS
support. The PDC work without problems but the wins doesn't work.
When I try to resolv netbios name from windows client on other lan the
wins doesn't work.

I want trust my domain samba3 with a windows2k domain ( mixed mode)
which is on another network.  When I trust from windows2k to samba3 it
works but when I trust from samba3 to windows2k (/ with net rpc trustdom
establish win2k/ ) doesn't trust because samba3 doesn't resolv the
netbios name win2k.

In my smb.conf file i have the wins support = yes.

I try the command /"nmblookup win2k"/ but I receive the error can't
resolv on my network the name win2k.

Any ideas?
Ciao Giovanni
P.S. In attach my smb.conf