[Samba] Samba 3.0 and the HP PSC 750 printer (printingover cups)

Stefan.Iven at voessing.de Stefan.Iven at voessing.de
Fri Nov 21 10:30:53 GMT 2003

>This could be a possibility. how do i change this? what makes me wonder a
>little bit, is that i just cannot print via the samba (smb-protocol). but
>locally it works fine....but perhaps your workaround helps me...which
>driver did you take for your psc750? i am using the hpjis-driver

in smb.conf :

use for the printing :

print command = lpr -r -oraw -P%p %s

I use Suse, ther I don't need to make changes in the files mime.confs and
mime.types.
I've often read, that have to make changes there :

in mime.convs uncomment
application/octet-stream       application/vnd.cups-raw        0

in mime.types uncomment
application/octet-stream

This doesn't mean, that you now con only use raw printing. It means that
you now ables to
use raw printing as well as cups printing.

I use the latest drivers for 750CP from HP.

Hope it will help

Stefan