[Samba] Is smbpasswd against windows 2003 server working?

Vandeir Eduardo vanedu at inf.furb.br
Fri Nov 21 02:24:36 GMT 2003

Hi guys,

me again. Please, I would like to know if this is a bug/
incompatibility with windows 2003 server.
I would like that someone that has accounts stored on windows
2003 server make a test and try to change a password of one of
those users from a linux box using smbpasswd -r <w2k3_host> -U username.
For me it always complains about invalid username or password.
This work if I change a password of an user account stored on
a NT server, but not 2003 server.
Or anyone know another way to change an user password stored
on windows 2003 server from a linux box?

I'm deseperate and would appreciate any hint.

Thanks.

Vandeir Eduardo (CCNA)
Laboratório de Computação e Informática (LCI) - Campus IV
Fundacao Universidade Regional de Blumenau (FURB)
Rua Braz Wanka, 238 - CEP: 89.035-160 - Blumenau (SC)
Blumenau, SC, Brasil.
Fone: +55 (047) 321-7819 - Fax: 321-7802