[Samba] Samba 3 and CUPs printer causes explorer to abend

Orwig, Paul PORWIG at PacificLife.com
Thu Nov 20 18:49:46 GMT 2003

A complication that has me puzzled...
After updating to 3.0.1pre3, I can no longer upload drivers using the GUI.
I now get an Access Denied message with no indication what access is being
denied.
Printers that were setup before the fix are working fine.
I can update the printer properties, I just can't upload drivers.

Is this a result of the fix?
I assume the work around is to manually add the drivers using the HOWTO
procedure.

Paul Orwig
Pacific Life Annuities

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald (Jerry) Carter [mailto:jerry at samba.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 6:48 AM
To: Tim Kelley
Cc: John H Terpstra; Orwig, Paul; 'samba at lists.samba.org'
Subject: Re: [Samba] Samba 3 and CUPs printer causes explorer to abend

The information in this e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the
intended recipient and may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of this message or attachment is strictly prohibited.  If you
believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the e-mail and all of its attachments.