[Samba] Re: 0xc0000022 error / winbind

leopardb leopardb at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 20 17:41:02 GMT 2003

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Thx one more time :)

About "Unless you really know what you are doing and need pam" :
actually, i don't really know what i'm doing and i just used it because
a coment in my smb.conf told me to, in order to have home folders
created on the fly. The comment then prompts me to use
'service=system-auth-winbind' in pam_stack modules in /etc/pam.d/samba.
If i do it i don't access the linux box anymore.

With normal 'service=system-auth' though, i can browse the first lvl,
but when i try to access a home folder i'm prompted for password, and,
one more time, the right password doesn't work. Do you have an idea of
what to do ? i'd like to see it work but i guess i won't see it tonight :/