[Samba] help with logons/passwords

karl westwood karl at telegraph.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 17:29:33 GMT 2003

Hi,

If I setup a share, and create a user with smbpasswd -a, I have to have
enter the password extactly as the password supplied by the user's
win2000 logon. If they match, then the user connects correctly and all
is well. If, however, the win2000 password is different from samba's,
then the user connects as 'nobody', and as 'nobody' you get problems
with permissions on folders in the share they are connecting to.
Is there a way to allow a mismatch, and have the user connect as the
correct username supplied by the pc?