[Samba] Samba 3 multible deamons running

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Nov 20 17:09:12 GMT 2003

> [Samba] Samba 3 multible deamons running
>
>     * To: samba at listsdotsambadotorg
>     * Subject: [Samba] Samba 3 multible deamons running
>     * From: "Benjamin Stössel" <Berick at gmxdotnet>
>     * Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:35:29 +0100 (MET)
>
> Hi there
>
> something strange is going on on my server. Everytime when i am on a samba
> share the server starts another smbd

This is normal Samba behaviour. Every connection is handled by a separate
smbd process. (The important thing is that the processes go away again if
you close the connection. Otherwise it is a bug....)

> but i dont want that this happens!

Really?        ;-)

(Probably the Samba developers do very much welcome any "patches"
which make this happen without loosing stability and functionality...).   ;-)

> Can i
> turn that of in the config or is this an issue?

You cant turn off and it isn't an "issue"...

> With kind regards Ben

Cheers,
Kurt   [ who not *too* long ago learned about this himself.... ]