[Samba] Re: 0xc0000022 error / winbind

leopardb leopardb at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 20 16:39:32 GMT 2003

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Hello !

Thanks a lot for your help : i used the -A option and now wbinfo -u and
-g work beautifully !

But when i try to connect to the /home share on my linux box from the
win2k machine named mc-coy,
1) the file /var/log/samba/log.mc-coy is incremented with :
passdb/pampass.c:smb_pam_error_handler(71)
smb_pam_error_handler: PAM: session setup failed : Permission denied
2) a box asking for password appears and each time i enter a good
password, 1) re-occurs

Is there something to change in /etc/pam.d/* ? /etc/samba/smb.conf ? of
course if any file might help you to help me, i'd be glad and thankful
to provide it. (i just don't want to fill this post with lots of file
dumps without a good reason to)

Btw, even when i cannot get the authentication right, the home folder
has been automatically created for the user i tried. So it works to an
extent.

Again, thanks for your help !