[Samba] Winbind, AD login problem

Vincent.Badier at alcatel.fr Vincent.Badier at alcatel.fr
Thu Nov 20 14:10:33 GMT 2003

>I am trying to get about 40 workstations to join a windows server 2003
active directory domain. The network has about 7 domains. It is a fairly
large WAN. I can view the domain users with >wbinfo, getent shows the
users in unix format. When I try to login it asks me for a password but
wont accept anything. I have a PDC server and an LDAP server. Does ldap
have to be >configured on the client end? My smb.conf, nsswitch.conf,
/etc/pam.d/login and /etc/pam.d/samba are below. I appreciate any help you
can give me.

>I start smb daemons in this order
>smbd
>nmbd
>winbindd

I had quite the same problem since 3.x. I never success this working.
I noticed this happened only when declaring any valid user in my share
declaration. When commenting them, this no more happen. However, everybody
can connect to the share, and this is not recommended :(
I'm quite interesting, since i search since samab 3 beta 1 and never found
any solution.

--
Vincent