[Samba] 0xc0000022 error / winbind

leopardb leopardb at club-internet.fr
Thu Nov 20 11:40:33 GMT 2003

Hi,

I run linux mandrake 9.2 on a NT2K domain with a win2k server (in native
mode)
I've installed samba 2.2.8 on the linux box with winbind. I've followed
the samba howtos (joined the domain etc...) and everything's running
fine except that :

wbinfo -t
Secret is good

wbinfo -u
0xc0000022

wbinfo -g
0xc0000022

wbinfo --sequence
NT2K_DOMAIN : DISCONNECTED

getent passwd
'list of accounts on the linux box only'

getent group
'list of groups on the linux box only'

After trying google i've seen that several people had the same exact
problem, but anybody answered their questions (or i don't have found the
answers). So (:)) does anybody knows how to make it work ? this is
probably a very simple thing to do but i'm clueless here. Of course i
don't provide enough config files (like smb.conf) but if you have any
idea but need any conf file to confirm, i'd be very thankful and provide
you with the file needed.

Thanks for your help !!

PS : the win2k server sees my linux machine as a NT4 workstation.
Perhaps this info is of little value perhaps not...