[Samba] Samba 3.0 SSL

Philip Jackson Philip.Jackson at sunderland.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 09:06:29 GMT 2003

Dear All,

I am trying to get SSL working with Samba 3.0. My set up is Samba 3.0 as
a USER server in its own Workgroup (will eventually be part of a
domain). My platform is Solaris 9 and the ldap service I am using is
iPlanet directory server 5.2. I can get users to log in to the server
using their ldap account and password but not over SSL. The iPlanet
directory has a certificate on it (self Certified) and Samba is set up
to use ldap on port 636. The Samba log reports a connection to the
directory but just stops there and eventually gives up. Past experience
with SSL tells me that this could be that the Samba machine needs to be
told to trust the directory servers certificate (self signed), but where
in Samba do you tell it to trust the certificate?

Thanks,
Philip Jackson.
University Of Sunderland.
England.