[Samba] ADS and Realm

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Nov 20 08:16:43 GMT 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Gerald wrote:

Sorry. Not enough information.

How is your Win2Kx AD environment configured? Is NetBIOS over TCP/IP
enabled? Are you running a WINS server anywhere?

How was your Samba-3 configured? Was it compiled and linked with Kerberos
support? If so, what version of Kerberos? What version of Windows 200x AD
(ie: Win2000 or Win2003)?

What is in your smb.conf file? Do you have a firewall? Is it blocking UDP
port 137 and/or TCP port 139?

Many more questions would need to be answered to give you definitive
answer.

The error "Network path can not be found." may be caused by:

	1. A routing problem
	2. A firewall problem
	3. Broken or bad name resolution
	4. Incorrect samba configuration
	5. Broken clients
	6. Defective networking hardware (NICs, cables, HUBs, switches)
	7. Incorrect TCP/IP configuration (eg: inconsistent netmasks)

- John T.