[Samba] Linux-Clients in Samba-Domain HOWTO ???

Grosswiler Roger roger at gwch.net
Thu Nov 20 07:23:08 GMT 2003

hi folks!

i got my samba-pdc up and running. its cool working with windows-clients.
except one usb-printer i struggle with everything seems to work.

But, i would like to authentificate even my linux-clients via samba. how
do i do this?

each machine has got its account on the samba-pdc (...the machine$...) all
are net joined...(except one which i get the error-message no usable
server...)

so, how do i authentificate correct into my domain, so i can acces the
shares by nautilus or so? i tried with DOMAIN\user, domain\user,
DOMAIN/user, domain/user....but everything gives the same error message:
authentificaton failure.

could this be because of the encrypted password? i don't really believe as
the mount -t smbfs works without any problem...

cheers,
Roger