[Samba] Samba 3.x and NT4 update- hardware related

Don Bivens dbivens at carolinanetworking.com
Wed Nov 19 21:52:19 GMT 2003

Big Kudos to the Samba team, an update, and hope that my experience will
help others...

I posted here last week, experiencing problems related to NT
authentication using Winbind and Samba 3 after upgrading disk drives and
from Samba 2.

It ended up being an el cheapo Netgear switch interacting with an el
cheapo Linksys broadband router/switch and when the server was plugged
into one and clients into the other.  When I plugged everything into a
new Linksys switch it worked like a champ!