SV: [Samba] SAMBA 3.0.0 PDC + LDAP - Adding Computer Account - Success!

Patrick thor at firerun.net
Wed Nov 19 19:05:22 GMT 2003

Christoph,

As for the other config files this is what I have for /etc/nssswitch.conf:

passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap

#hosts:     db files nisplus nis dns
hosts:      files dns

I'm currently not using hosts file so I do not need it to look up in
ldap. Thus the nss_base_hosts line is commented out in /etc/ldap.conf.
The others are as follows:

#nss_base_passwd                ou=People,dc=firerun,dc=net?one
nss_base_shadow         ou=People,dc=firerun,dc=net?one
nss_base_group          ou=Groups,dc=firerun,dc=net?one
#nss_base_hosts         ou=Hosts,dc=example,dc=com?one

one thing to note is I had this configuration working before setting up
samba.  Thus I had user accounts on the system and could login on the
console or using ssh.  For that to work pam must be setup to check ldap
for the services.  On RedHat 9 it was a simple matter of running
authconfig-gtk and supplying the ldap information.  Once that was done I
could login to the system with an account stored in ldap.

Patrick