SV: [Samba] SAMBA 3.0.0 PDC + LDAP - Adding Computer Account - Success!

Patrick thor at firerun.net
Wed Nov 19 17:38:30 GMT 2003

Christoph,

I'm not actually using the PADL scripts to setup the posixAccount
information.  I created my own shell scripts to add accounts to LDAP.
The script I'm using will just add the posixAccount information to
LDAP.  Then Samba will find the entry and add the sambaSamAccount
attributes.

There may be one other reason it is working that I did not mention
before.  I edited by /etc/ldap.conf file and commented out this line:
#nss_base_passwd              ou=People,dc=firerun,dc=net?one
so when I do "getent passwd" the computer accounts are also returned
with user accounts.  This may be the why it is working.

Patrick