[Samba] winbind + windows SMB share, ACL and ftp woes

John Moylan johnm at rte.ie
Wed Nov 19 15:52:03 GMT 2003

Redhat AS3
SAMBA 3.0.0-14.3E (redhat's as3 rpm)

I am not sure if what I am trying to is is possible or not:

I have an linux ftp server chrooted to an smb share onto a netapp.

I want to use the NT4 ACLS on the smb share for the ftp server file
perms. (the linux ftp server will be a drop in replacement for IIS.)

However, even when I set the ACLS(using NT4) to DENY ALL for a
user,,,that user can still ls and get the files via ftp.

If is use smbcacls I CAN SEE THE ACLS, but they are inter spaced with
the following error:
"cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was ERRDOS - ERRbadfid (Invalid
file handle.)"

Anyoney, got any experience with this?
--
John Moylan
e:john.moylan at rte.ie

copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RTÉ may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.