[Samba] Samba PDC, WinNT PDC , trusting domains failure

Marek Wysmulek marek.wysmulek at hermes-kredit.pl
Wed Nov 19 13:09:33 GMT 2003

Hi all.

I can not find solution fro such situation:

(I have samba version 2.2.3a, Debain Linux 2.4.20, the remote part -
WindowsNT)

1) there are 2 locations. "A" for client stations (windows 2000) and primary
domain
controler (samba), "B" for the web serwer (windowsNT).
2) stations from "A" via the web serwer on "B" accessing production
application
(wrinten in Java - I think)
3) The production application on "B" authorise connectiong users back on PDC
on "A".

The question is:

How to trust NT domain in samba domain ? (Notice that I want it for windows
NT domain
to authorize users on samba PDC)

I was trying to add some "trusted domains, trusting domains" options into
smb.conf
but I received only this:

# ../bin/smbclient
Unknown parameter encountered: "trusted domains"
Ignoring unknown parameter "trusted domains"
Unknown parameter encountered: "trusting domains"
Ignoring unknown parameter "trusting domains"

:((((
OK. I know that samba does not recognize "trusted domains, trusting domains"
options
as it is written. But Why ? Because of wersion ? Or maybe because of
configuration ?

smb.conf
[global]
        netbios name = serwer