[Samba] Authentication Problem

Altrock, Jens Jens.Altrock at STADT-NW.DE
Wed Nov 19 12:38:16 GMT 2003

Hi Folks,
I got a little problem with authentication. I set up samba 3.0.0 and squid
2.5stable4, using winbind to
authenticate users via group with the nt4 domain pdc.

Anyway... sometimes the authorization/authentication doesn't work.
In the first test I had no problems surfing the net via proxy, and some
minutes later I get an access denied message with the same user... so this
is this a samba problem
I think (for I see in the cache.log that the wbinfo_group.pl script returns
that the user isn't in the
specified group, for I think that he has problems communicating with the
domain PDC via samba)

Anyway got an idea?

Regards,

Jens