Antwort: Re: SV: [Samba] SAMBA 3.0.0 PDC + LDAP - Adding Computer Account - Success!

Stefan.Iven at voessing.de Stefan.Iven at voessing.de
Wed Nov 19 11:09:29 GMT 2003

>Hi Patrick!
>
>Glad to here, that the thing works. I got the same problem. But the
>smb.conf always looked like that!
>

>So question: which version of the scripts are you using? Can you add
>Machines "on the fly" from windows? How about the smbldap_conf.pm?
>
>chris

Yes, you can,
with smbldap tools.
add machine script = /usr/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u
You have to edit smbldap_conf.pm to fit your needs.

You also can use

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u

then you don't need something like add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d
/dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u

Hope this will help.

Stefan