AW: [Samba] smbtools, existing users, etc...

Jérôme Tournier jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Tue Nov 18 15:59:42 GMT 2003

> Hello Jerome,
>
> thanx for your help. Is the 0.8.1 version of smbldap tools already patched or do I
> have to patch it myself. If so - please write me a few lines how to do it, and which
> files to patch.
no, it is not. You'll find attached the latest scripts (hope the attechment will succeed
this time).

> I haven’t been working with smbldap-tools, but I want to try them out. Do they work on
> SuSE Linux?
Yes of course. You just need perl and Net::LDAP

> Can I call your script everytime my user changes his password though my php-backend?
Yes.

> Are the passwords going to be changed then, although the user exists in posixAccount
> and samba.schema?? or easier - what happens when I use this script twice for a user
> that already exists? Is it going to change his password or am I going to get an error?

Every time you use the smbldap-password.pl script, all of userPassword, ntPassword and
lmPassword will be updated.
If you add the sambaSAMAccount to an existing user and want to change all of the 3
passwords, you can use
$ smbldap-usermod.pl -a -P (..options..) user

--
Jérôme